Volunteers bring essential services to the Lighthouse for Women & Children. Each year, many people offer their time, talent, and goodness of heart to outreach projects, to help make a difference in the lives of the hurting and the homeless women and children.
To volunteer, please fill out the Volunteer Application and return it to the Volunteer Coordinator 805-436-4555 or
Thank you for wanting to help, your talents will be used.
Serve dinner at Emergency Shelter, 104 N. Hayes, Oxnard
- Set up, serve, clean up dinner for residents
2 to 3 volunteers, 4:30pm to 6:00pm, 7 days a week.
Staff Assistant at Emergency Shelter, 104 N. Hayes, Oxnard
- Answer phone, front door, and general filing
- Assist with snacks and lunch
- Assist with children after 5pm daily
Hours are flexible, bi-monthly commitment preferred. Requires orientation session and training.
- Bible study, Life skills, Devotions.
Weekly or Monthly commitment preferred, mature christian, screening Required.
- Faith partner matched with a program client.
Weekly contact, one year commitment. Mature Christian Women, screening required.
- Life Recovery Program Graduations
- Fall Harvest Festival
- Other events as scheduled
Dates and times vary. Notified via e-mail.
Children Ministry Projects
- Provide child care during classes and special events.
- Special programming: crafts, karate lessons, dance classes, etc.
- Organize a food or paper goods drives
- Prepare a meal for 30 people
- Group projects as needed
Needs and times will vary
For more information contact the Volunteer Coordinator