Volunteers bring essential services to the Lighthouse for Women & Children. Each year, many people offer their time, talent, and goodness of heart to outreach projects, to help make a difference in the lives of the hurting and the homeless women and children.
To volunteer, please fill out the Volunteer Application and return it to Mary Kay Huszar, Volunteer Coordinator 805-436-4555 or
Thank you for wanting to help, your talents will be used.
Serve dinner at Emergency Shelter, 104 N. Hayes, Oxnard
- Set up, serve, clean up dinner for residents
2 to 3 volunteers, 4:30pm to 6:00pm, 7 days a week.
Staff Assistant at Emergency Shelter, 104 N. Hayes, Oxnard
- Answer phone, front door, and general filing
- Assist with snacks and lunch
- Assist with children after 5pm daily
Hours are flexible, bi-monthly commitment preferred. Requires orientation session and training.
- Bible study, Life skills, Devotions.
Weekly or Monthly commitment preferred, mature christian, screening Required.
Side by Side/Mentor
- Faith partner matched with a program client.
Weekly contact, one year commitment. Mature Christian Women, screening required.
- Life Recovery Program Graduations
- Fall Harvest Festival
- Other events as scheduled
Dates and times vary. Notified via e-mail.
Children Ministry Projects
- Provide child care during classes and special events.
- Special programming: crafts, karate lessons, dance classes, etc.
- Organize a food or paper goods drives
- Prepare a meal for 30 people
- Group projects as needed
Needs and times will vary
For more information contact Mary Kay Huszar, Volunteer Coordinator